We are pleased to announce to all our friends that the 2013 East Africa Philanthropy Conference website is NOW UP. Go to www.eaagconference.com for Registration, Programme, Speakers, Accommodation and much much more.
The Conference: The 2013 East Africa Philanthropy Conference is designed to explore local innovative strategies developed to link social investment with social impact. The Conference will discuss the place of business in philanthropy’ and ‘the place of philanthropy in businesses by answering questions such as: Are these new changes and shifts relevant to Africa? What roles do/can philanthropists and impact investors play in their efforts to alleviate poverty and bring about sustainable social change? What will create the shift from the traditional forms of philanthropy involving charitable contributions towards more strategic forms of philanthropy that leverage on unique corporate capabilities?
- To interrogate the emerging business approaches in philanthropy and determine their relevance to East Africa.
- To explore the space of Business in enhancing social justice in East Africa
- To challenge philanthropic organizations to adopt entrepreneurial models as a sustainability measure.
- Discuss strategies that ensure philanthropy attains maximum social impact
- Provide a platform for networking among Grantmakers and stakeholders