’’PHILANTHROPY, LEADERSHIP & GOVERNANCE’’
This year’s conference will underscore the value of philanthropy in promoting a multilevel approach to good governance and visionary leadership that enhances strategic development models in the region. The conference will provide a unique opportunity for participants to share and learn from various global, regional and local actors engaged in promoting leadership and governance programmes within and without their organizations.
- Explore and underscore the value of philanthropy in promoting good governance and visionary leadership
- To facilitate discussions around mobilizing resources towards strengthening governance and leadership
- Unearth ideas on effective partnership between governments, private sector and philanthropic institutions for greater socio-economic impact.
- Build a grantmakers community of knowledge, learning and practice.
- Provide a platform for networking among Grantmakers and stakeholders
MASTER CLASS LEADERSHIP TRAINING
Topic: Leading Strong Charitable Foundations
and Trusts: ‘’Swim in the Blue Ocean’’
25th July 2012
Susan Sarfati- Training Facilitator
CEO, High Performance Strategies Washington DC
‘’The seminar will provide cutting edge ideas, best practices, new opportunities
and practical solutions. Key topic areas will be presented in a lively and
engaging manner and ample time will be provided for plenary debates, case
studies and group discussions.‘’
East Africa Philanthropy Awards Gala Dinner-26th July 2012
Join us as we recognize and celebrate the outstanding contributions by individuals and organizations to the philanthropic movement in East Africa. The evening will be a fun filled celebration of our rich and unique practice of philanthropy.